Recent Commercial Posts
Here in Your Community
During uncertain times, SERVPRO of Westlake is prepared to help you when it matters most.
Responding during difficult times is what we do, is who we are and what we know. Right now during this most unprecedented moment we share with you, we continue to answer the calls of our neighbors who needs us the most.
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals have the experience in biological hazards.
SERVPRO of Westlake remains open and we are actively on the front lines responding to the ESSENTIAL services needs of our customers. If your home or business is in need of cleaning and sanitizing or any of our core water and fire services give us a call 213-315-5136.
Now more than ever we are Here to Help!
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Westlake is Here to Help during this time in need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Westlake - 213-315-5136
Wherever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, you can count on SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals to respond quickly.
Remember our efforts as we joined forces to clean up a huge water loss.
Remember with a water or fire damage event Think Green.
No job is too small or large for SERVPRO of Westlake to make it "Like it never even happened."
We are Water and Fire Specialist:
- We are available 24 hours 7 days per week.
- We're Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly- One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly- Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today- We're Here To Help- 213-315-5136
Commercial Standard Services
24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES
- Catastrophic Storm and Wide Area Event Response
- Large Loss and Single Event Response
Water Damage Services
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Building Stabilization and Climate Control
Fire Damage Services
- Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Biohazard & Crime Scene Services
- HAZMAT Cleanup
- Vandalism Cleanup
Facilities Cleaning & Restoration
- Air Duct and HVAC Cleanup
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes and Blinds
- Ceiling, Walls and Hard Floor
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Post Construction Cleanup and Selective Demolition
Contents Cleaning & Restoration
- Move outs and Contents Restoration
- Electronics and Equipment Cleaning and Restoration
- Art and Document Restoration
- Data Recovery
- Contents Claim Inventory Services
- Detailed Estimates and Digital Pictures
- Expenses Reporting
Total Project Management
- IICRC Certified
- Mobile Command Centers
- Electronic File Documentation
- Online Data Reporting
Report all losses to
SERVPRO of Westlake 213-315-5136
Time is A Precious Commodity
When you need it done right and done fast, call SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals for all your commercial cleaning needs. Did you know when you hire a hire SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals for maintenance cleaning you get around the clock restoration services built with you in mind? Quality cleaning and quick response - that’s the SERVPRO way.
Can figure out how to get the job done? Call Us Today for all your emergency restoration needs. Because when you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your facility, you need fast response and the experience to get the job done right, ensuring your business can get back into operation as quickly as possible. Through it all, you expect the most reliable information and the very best service at a fair price.
Why Construction ?
- Water Mitigation
- Fire Cleanup
- Packout Service
- Laundry Cleaning
- Electronics Cleaning
- Documents Drying
SERVPRO Construction Benefits
- One Stop Shop
- Dedicated SERVPRO Project Manager
- Dedicated Design Consultant
- Daily Communication
- Start ti Finish
Unlike Mitigation we are in & out, construction takes longer to complete.
One Roof / Separate Operations
Our construction departments operates independent of our mitigation department.
Issue Resolution Process
Our owner is very involved if/ when an issue arises to rectified quickly.
Our staff is highly trained at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certification, rest assure our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Not only are we an IICRC Certified Firm but also a California General Contractor.
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event.
Need Construction Service?
Call Us Today 213-315-5136
Remediation & Cleanup
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. Failure to property handle and safely remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waster for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products. SERVPRO of Westlake help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Westlake can help with:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
SERVPRO of Westlake can remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs, such as methamphetamine, are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals follow applicable federal and state guidelines to clean all surfaces.
Arson and Vandalism
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals are recognize as leader at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. SERVPRO of Westlake also provides general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits these damages also introduce harmful microorganism into a structure. SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, disinfecting as they clean.
Call SERVPRO of Westlake today!
Lead Paint What You Need To Know About
it's the law!
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires firms performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, child care facilities and schools be certified by the EPA.
SERVPRO's Compliance with Lead Paint Law
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are aware of the guidelines involving lead paint and will take the necessary precautions according to current law.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Family from Lead in Pre-1978 Homes
- If you rent, notify your landlord of peeling chipping paint.
- Clean up paint chips immediately.
- Regularly clean floors, window sills, and other surfaces.
- Thoroughly rinse sponges and mop heads after cleaning dirty or dusty areas.
- Wash children's hands
The facts about Lead
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978.
- Lead can affect children's brain and developing nervous system, causing reduce IQ, learning disabilities and behaviour problems.
- Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
When You Need to Get Back to Business Quickly
Our goal is to help make it...
"Like it never even happened."
As a commercial property management professionals, your clients and tenants rely on you for efficient day-to-day operations of their property. They also depend on you to protect it. SERVPRO of Westlake understands there's no such a thing as a small emergency when it can negatively impact occupant safety, revenue loss and business continuity.
Timely mitigation is key to minimizing damage, business interruptions and recovery costs. You and those who depend on you will appreciate the rapid response, expertise and training that enables SERVPRO of Westlake can help get your facility back into operation quickly.
Give SERVPRO of Westlake a call and leave the restoration to our professional.
Call Us Today 213-315-5136
Do you know how to turn off your water supply?
For most jobs in-the-home jobs, all you’ll need to do is switch off an indoor supply valve.
- Identify the main shut off valve. This is usually a brass valve that has a round handle. In most homes, it is located near the main water pipe leading into your home.
- Shut the valve by turning it clockwise. This will cut off the stream of water flowing into your home. If the valve is stiff, wear a glove while closing it to protect your hand as you apply some elbow grease. After that, all appliances that use water will no longer work until the water is turned back on.
- Turn on all of the faucets to flush the remaining water in the system. Run your sinks, baths, and showers until the water stops flowing. When water’s been bled from the lines completely, turn all of the faucets off.
Perform only when the structure has been cleared as safe
Take the greatest caution while entering your home, and wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing when dealing with flooded areas. Wear protective clothing at all times.
- Take photos or video to record conditions of collections and structure. Make sure images clearly record damage.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove any paintings, art objects, documents and other sensitive materials to a safe, dry place.
- Place fans at 45-degree angles to walls and move large furniture away from walls to create the best air circulation
- Appoint a media liaison to report conditions and need for help/volunteers. You may have to limit access to collections.
- Do not enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Do not attempt to operate any electrical equipment while standing in wet or damp locations.
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Do not leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Do not use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not turn on heat unless required for human comfort.
- Do not move objects or collections without documenting their condition.
- Throw away all foods – even canned goods – that have come into contact with flood waters.
- If your home has a crawlspace, be aware excess moisture in this area can often foster mold growth.
About SERVPRO of Westlake
SERVPRO of Westlake specialize in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Westlake will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 213-315-5136
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event!
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges.
Flooding and water damage events in Downtown LA commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Westlake
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Westlake provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service.
Faster to your Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. Westlake provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Westlake arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 213-315-5136
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Westlake
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.