Water Damage Cleanup & Restoration
When water damages occur, the wrong response can cost you plenty.
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals will arrive on-site usually within four hours of notification to begin providing a resolution to the water damage situation. Technicians communicate their assessment with the property manager or owner in detail before beginning the cleanup and restoration process.
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals utilize industry guidelines, knowledge, training and industrial equipment to examine the extent of the damage. Restoration services include moisture detection, water extraction, dehumidification and contents inventory.
Closing the event work order in a timely manner through electronic claims reporting consistent communication and professionals restoration techniques. SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals - available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our goal is to help make it ...
Like it never even happened.
How You Benefit from Mitigation Too!
When, fire, water or mold damage invades your insured's home, fear and frustration begin to build upon them. Research indicates policyholders feel tremendous stress and loss of control after they suffer a loss. By dispatching SERVPRO of Westlake immediately, you can be the HERO your policyholder values in their time of need.
From the moment SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals set foot on-site until final item has been restored and set back into place, you can be sure you are providing much-needed comfort and relief in your policyholder's time of need.
You need a restoration vendor who will care for your policyholder and work to save you money through timely mitigation. You need to keep claims costs down while helping ensure your policyholder gets the best possible results.
Give SERVPRO of Westlake a call and leave the restoration to us.
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals can determine the restorability of damage structure and contents. They will identify what items can be restored, what items may not be restore.
- IICRC Standards Validation
SERVPRO can provide industry-standard proof that proper amount of equipment was used on the job and that the job was dried properly and completely.
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
CCIS provides itemized room by room loss inventory, allowing insurance agents and adjusters to document claim items and capture inventory items immediately.
- Electronic File Documentation Complete with Loss Reports
- Large Loss Capabilities- Disaster Recovery Team
With thousands of trained crews and enormous inventory of commercial equipment and services vehicles, SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team can initiate response to any size loss in any part of the country within hours.
- Brand Leadership Assurance and Consistency
Remediation & Cleanup
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. Failure to property handle and safely remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waster for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products. SERVPRO of Westlake help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Westlake can help with:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
SERVPRO of Westlake can remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs, such as methamphetamine, are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals follow applicable federal and state guidelines to clean all surfaces.
Arson and Vandalism
SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals are recognize as leader at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. SERVPRO of Westlake also provides general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits these damages also introduce harmful microorganism into a structure. SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, disinfecting as they clean.
Call SERVPRO of Westlake today!
Lead Paint What You Need To Know About
it's the law!
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires firms performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, child care facilities and schools be certified by the EPA.
SERVPRO's Compliance with Lead Paint Law
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are aware of the guidelines involving lead paint and will take the necessary precautions according to current law.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Family from Lead in Pre-1978 Homes
- If you rent, notify your landlord of peeling chipping paint.
- Clean up paint chips immediately.
- Regularly clean floors, window sills, and other surfaces.
- Thoroughly rinse sponges and mop heads after cleaning dirty or dusty areas.
- Wash children's hands
The facts about Lead
- Lead-based paint was used in more than 38 million homes until it was banned for residential use in 1978.
- Lead can affect children's brain and developing nervous system, causing reduce IQ, learning disabilities and behaviour problems.
- Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
Air Quality Awareness Week!
This years theme is check the AQI and get outside.
Everyday we inhale thousands of gallons of air. That air also contains tiny pollution particles. Exposure to high levels of ozones and particle pollution is linked to health problems.
Pollution can come from cars, buses, power plants, wildfires and industries. When pollution reaches a high level the air can be unhealthy. Due to the normal aging process children, older adults and people with lung disease may experience increased health risk from exposure to unhealthy air. Use the air quality index (AQI) to help you understand and what steps you should take to protect yourself.
You can help reduce pollution by following these steps:
- Carpool or use public transportation
- Avoid burning leaves, trash and other materials.
- Keep your car in good operating condition and get regular tune ups.
Wildfire & Smoke
Wildfires and smoke is a mixture of gases and fine particles from burning trees and other plants materials that can be dangerous if inhaled. People who are exposed to wildfire smoke may developed a number of symptoms.
Weather plays a big role in the levels of ozones and particle pollution. Sunlight and heat promote ozones formation. Light winds and temperature inversions can keep pollution concentrated near the ground.
Smoke is made up of ash, tiny particles, liquid droplets, and gases. It also contains toxic chemicals released from burning flame retardants in furniture and fabrics, and other chemicals in buildings materials.
How to reduce your exposure to Smoke
- Keep windows and doors closed turn on your air conditioner.
- Avoid activities that increase indoor pollution. That means no smoking, burning candles, cooking on gas stove.
Mold are found in every environment and mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. An Institute of Medicine study found excessive dampness indoors encourage the growth of molds and others organisms, causing a public health problem. The EPA advised that the potential health concerns from mold growth. It is especially important to clean up existing indoor mold growth to increase property appeal and retained its value. If a property has experienced a water intrusion, your SERVPRO Franchise Professional can inspect the damage to see whether moisture has penetrated materials or is allowing mold growth.
Control Moisture- Reduce Mold
Prior to listing a property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage- act withing the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Replace wet or visible moldy insulation materials.
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work.
- Install a ventilation system.
Prepare Your Home for Winter Whether
Tips For Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep Cabinets doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off."
- If you follow the previous steps, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
Prepare Your Business For Winter Wheater
Tips for Preparing Your Business for Winter Weather
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Whether, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surface and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask your local SERVPRO Franchise Professionals about starting an Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
When winter weather strikes.....we strike back.
Like it never even happened.
Call Us Today 213-315-5136