Get your flu shot every year for the best chance of protection.
Always practice good health habits to maintain your body's resistance to infection.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Exercise daily.
- Manage stress.
- Get enough rest and sleep.
Take these common sense steps to stop the spread of germs:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand.
- Avoid or minimize contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when you cough and sneeze.
Anyone with a fever or other symptoms of the flu should stay home from work or school until at least 24 hours after the fever has gone (without medications).
Get a flu shot every year. Vaccinations are one of the most effective ways to minimize illness and death.