Storm Preparedness Tips
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
On occasion we experiences severe weather that can cause damage to your property. The key is to be prepared.
Before the storm arrives
- Have your emergency supply kit available
- Stay inside and away from windows
- In the event of a hurricane, prepare to cover all windows
- Listen to local radio or TV stations for storm information
- Check your water pipe insulation to make sure your pipes are protected against the hardness of cold weather
- Be ready to turn off main energy sources
You may be surprise to know that many people don't know how to turn off the main power, water or gas source to their home. Knowing where the master valve is for each of the three utilities may be the difference between staying safe and facing potentially dangerous conditions.